Accounting Specialist (AP, AR, General Accountant) – 1 Year Term Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: August 9, 2019
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of sales invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and monthly reconciliations within a multi-entity and multi-currency environment.
The Accounting Specialist will also be required to participate in the ongoing development and documentation of efficient business processes and departmental policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle accounts receivable inquires and resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Process customer statements and distribute manual invoices
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and for payment remittance details; maintain collection documentation within the ERP system and prioritize these activities minimizing disruption with customer account due to credit holds, maximizing cash receipts and minimizing days sales outstanding
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Process cash receipts
- Assist with gathering customer information support credit evaluation for new and existing customer accounts, obtaining credit references, and printing D&B reports
- Process supplier invoices and payments in a timely and accurate manner; ensuring proper approvals and coding of invoices to appropriate cost centers and general ledger accounts for March
- Assist other finance staff and management
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, sorting and distributing daily
- Maintain historical records by preparing, sorting and filing documents
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Certificate and/or post-secondary diploma in an accounting discipline
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in accounting, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with many levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and thorough manner
- Ability to work independently with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and apply proven relationship-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency
- Strong Excel and accounting software proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with multiple entities with global presence
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.