Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: December 15, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are building an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a startup mentality. We are looking for a strong Back-end Developer who is passionate about technology, possesses a collaborative mindset, and has a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.’
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Some professional experience in the related domain
- Experience designing and developing applications and microservices (preferably using NodeJs)
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM)
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with REST, and gRPC
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Familiar with networking and TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols
- Passionate about cloud technologies
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in AI, Analytics, and Big Data
- Experience with serverless development
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.