Build and Release Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 14, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are building a team dedicated to modernizing our internal development environment to better support our business processes. We are looking for a Build and Release Engineer who is eager to solve complex problems. You will develop solutions that improve build performance, simplify the maintenance of our build infrastructure, and help developers, testers and release engineers work more efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modernize our existing build environments from Windows and Linux virtual machines to containers, including containerizing Microsoft Visual Studio build environments
- Administer, maintain, and develop integrations between our Software Lifecycle tools
- Administer and improve how we manage build artificats
- Automate tasks that are currently performed manually
- Recommend innovative solutions with a total system view
- Promote a positive team environment that uses the combined strengths of individual members to achieve organizational goals
- College or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the related domain
- Experience developing, configuring, and managing CI pipelines (Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Experience converting Windows virtual machines to Docker containers
- Experience with Ansible
- Familiar with Python and Bash
- Problem-solving attitude
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Good interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Scripting languages (Batch, Perl, Powershell, Go)
- Build system tooling (GNU make, MSBuild, NAnt, Maven)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.