Senior C++ Software Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted on: March 4, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are building an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a start-up mentality. We are looking for additional team members who are passionate about technology, possess a collaborative mindset, and have a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.’ We want those that are both self-directed and able to serve as leaders and mentors for this growing team.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy
- Recommend innovative solutions with a total system view and add to the patent portfolio
- Promote a positive team environment that uses the combined strengths of individual members to achieve organizational goals
- Define system and architecture and/or write customer product specifications
- Help the team to define the roadmap and make decisions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing scalable, high-performance, and highly-available enterprise applications and micro-services using C++
- Experience with real-time operating systems, inter-process communication and multi-threaded applications
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Familiar with REST, WebRTC, SOAP
- Familiar with networking and TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, HTTP protocols
- Desirable experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM and JIRA)
- Experience in version control software (GIT)
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Image, video and audio compression and/or analytical processing, multimedia streaming and storage formats, AVI file format
- Experience with embedded system development and cross platform development
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver including development and troubleshooting/debugging
- Hardware architectures, memory, and I/O devices
- ARM programming
- Database (SQL, CodeBase) application development and integration through standard database interfaces
- Experience interfacing to IP cameras and access control systems (e.g. Lenel, Pacom, S2, Software House CCURE)
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.