Communications Manager – Ottawa
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: February 3, 2023
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for both internal and external communications activities.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned communications professional and skilled storyteller that can elevate the March Networks’ brand through the written word. He or she will be responsible for communications strategy and execution across a variety of digital and print media. This includes strategy, ideation, coordination with subject matter experts, writing and editing, and project management to support various corporate, sales and marketing initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Manager will work collaboratively with the Marketing team but will also be required to work independently to meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Superior writing skills and the ability to balance numerous projects concurrently and prioritize deliverables on a daily basis will be important in this role.
This role is responsible for the following key areas:
- Communications Strategy and Execution – Leading and executing on the content and communications strategy by understanding March Networks’ target audience and product line, and developing marketing communications materials that will increase demand for our solutions across our target markets
- Corporate Communications – Writing internal and external communications, developing key messages, and coordinating necessary approvals with the Director of Marketing and senior executives
- PR Support – Writing press releases, thought leadership content and bylined articles, interviewing subject matter experts, fact checking content, coordinating deadlines with media and PR agency, coordinating interviews and tracking earned media coverage
- Social media – Overseeing all corporate social media accounts, and handling the day-to-day posting of content. Includes populating the social content calendar, following social guidelines and staying current on social media trends
- Maintaining an editorial style guide and adhering to brand voice and tone
- Overseeing the corporate blog, channel email communications and other editorial content in support of integrated marketing programs.
- Owning and maintaining an editorial calendar and prioritizing deliverables
- Distilling complex technical information into plain language for a wide variety of audiences
- Providing editorial support (editing and proofreading) and guidance to internal colleagues
- Supporting digital content development for the corporate website including writing web content. Ensuring content is SEO-friendly.
- Assisting with the development of PPTs, brochures, and marketing videos as required
- Regular coordination of multiple internal resources and external suppliers/agencies/contractors
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or Communications
- Previous experience as a Communications Manager in a B2B high-tech environment is required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English are essential
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on writing experience, ideally acquired in the media and/or a corporate communications environment
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) including successfully managing day-to-day posts and engagement
- Ability to translate complex technical information into plain language for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO and experience using WordPress
- Experience using Salesforce and Pardot is an asset
- Good project management skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage external suppliers to achieve all deliverables
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize deliverables
- Must be a team player
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to Communications Manager – March Networks (workable.com).
Please note: Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.