Senior Content and Digital Marketing Strategist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: September 26, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Communications, the Senior Content and Digital Marketing Strategist will be responsible for multiple Marketing Communications activities focused on increasing awareness, consideration and preference for March Networks across its core markets and geographies.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Marketing Communications professional with a strong editorial background. This role balances the strategic with the tactical so applicants should have experience in content and digital strategy, as well as hands-on execution and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Content and Digital Marketing Strategist will play a vital role in driving demand for March Networks solutions. The successful candidate will own the content planning and execution role for the marketing department.
- Formulate content marketing strategy to increase demand for March Networks solutions
- Manage content creation including blogs, case studies, contributed articles, whitepapers, email communications, videos, infographics and other sales tools in support of integrated marketing programs for channel partners and end user customers
- Craft accurate, compelling marketing messaging, positioning March Networks to target audiences
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar that aligns with key marketing objectives
- Maintain the corporate website including SEO/SEM and landing page creation. Directing our web services provider on information architecture and technical improvements as required
- Analyze web traffic and campaign metrics and proposing new content to continually drive customer interest
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management to understand customer/partner needs and personas and create content for all stages of the buying cycle
- Manage the content lifecycle by monitoring quality, accuracy and timeliness of all content; update and repurpose content where necessary and proposing new content as required
- Manage relationships with external suppliers including agencies, graphic designers, web service providers and videographers
- Stay on top of industry news and trends and analyzing the competition
- Copy editing and peer reviewing content for accuracy, style and message
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of Marketing Communications experience, ideally in the high technology sector
- Strong writing and editing skills are essential
- Experience in digital content creation, including writing for the web, conducting keyword research and SEO best practices
- Experience writing video scripts, working with videographers and overseeing video productions
- Experience using content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Experience working with agencies and managing external suppliers
- Proficient with Google Analytics and Google Ads (certification preferred)
- Strong project management skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Bonus points if you have:
- An editorial background or previous working experience as a Journalist or Editor
- Experience managing a corporate blog
- Experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategy and execution
- Experience using Salesforce.com CRM
- An interest in expanding your functional expertise into other elements of the marketing mix as a career path within the company
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.