Content Specialist, Marketing Communications
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: March 20, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Communications, the Content Specialist will be responsible for multiple marketing communications activities focused on increasing awareness, consideration and preference for March Networks across its core markets and geographies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for content development and execution across a variety of digital and print media. This includes writing and editing, creative and editorial development and project management to support various corporate, sales and marketing initiatives.
The Content Specialist will work collaboratively with the Marketing team, but will also be required to work independently to meet challenging deadlines in a fast paced environment. The ability to balance numerous projects concurrently and prioritize deliverables on a daily basis will be important in this role.
This role is responsible for the following key areas:
- Content Creation and Lifecycle Management – Creating email communications, graphics, PowerPoints and other sales tools in support of integrated marketing programs for channel partners, end user customers and prospects. Updating and removing content as required
- Sales/Channel Communications – Content gathering, writing and editing of scheduled email communications for March Networks’ global sales and partner network
- Coordination of Product Marketing Content – Supporting content creation, including datasheets, by coordinating product information, writing content where necessary, and verifying details with product managers. Ensuring content is updated and filed as required
- Digital Asset Management – Brand and file management, and cross-functional coordination
- AODA Management – Ensure completed sales collateral is AODA-compliant. Involves working with other content creators and external provider, managing files
- Translation Support – Coordinating files for translation and maintaining up to date list of translated assets
- SEO Strategy Support – strengthen March Networks’ presence on channel/technology partner and other third-party websites as appropriate
- Regular coordination of multiple internal resources and external suppliers/agencies/contractors
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in journalism, communications or marketing
- Minimum two years of marketing communications experience, ideally in the high technology sector
- Experience in digital content creation and communications is essential
- Good project management skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work with external suppliers to achieve all deliverables
- Strong writing and editing skills are essential for all mediums
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
- Experience with Salesforce Pardot is an asset
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.