Customer Operations Specialist – 1 Year Term Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: August 18, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Operations, the Customer Operations Specialist will assist with the achievement of corporate goals and objectives by acting in a support role for all customer related issues within the Customer Operations Department. The Customer Operations Specialist interfaces internally with all levels and departments in the organization to ensure that customers’ orders are entered in a timely manner and customers’ needs are handled professionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve problems with a high level of customer service, focusing on customer satisfaction and resulting in a higher level of confidence in the company and our products
- Provide phone and email support to customers by answering questions regarding products, pricing, part number verification, etc.
- Liaise with the Finance, Product Management, Legal, and Operations departments to ensure smooth order flow, delivery of product, and successful resolution of customer needs (on time delivery and product shortage mitigation)
- Generate all transactions related to order management in SAP as related to overall processes for hardware, software, and services product lines
- Provide pro-forma invoices and certifications for international shipments as required
- Provide shipment confirmations and tracking information to customers as required
- Work independently and make decisions with regards to daily activities and special projects with direction from Department Manager
- College diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a customer service representative or inside sales representative in a high tech environment
- Experience working with customers
- Experience with SAP Order Management (SD)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, influencing, and communications skills for customer and inter-company interactions
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Experience with Salesforce (Sales Cloud)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.