Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 11, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for security Corporate networks, information and other digital assets from intrusion and unauthorized access. The successful candidate will manage the security solutions stack and will provide active search for risks, threats and vulnerabilities. They will be responsible for preventing and detecting breach attempts and coordinating incident response management.
The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience and demonstrated ability to drive and support significant improvement of March Networks’ Security posture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with IT and business partners to define scope of corporate assets that require protection
- Determine the best security measures suited for the assets in scope
- Perform various Information Security risk assessments
- Partner with the IT team to improve existing and implement new security solutions
- Protect information from unauthorized access by designing strategies and defensive solutions covering on premise and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud Infrastructure
- Test security solutions in place
- Conduct continuous monitoring of systems for vulnerabilities and unusual/suspicious activities through logs reviews, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, etc.
- Manage Information Security solutions stack: IDS/IPS, VPN, end-point device protections, etc.
- Conduct research, trend analysis, correlation and reporting across a wide variety of internal and external source data sets (e.g., network, OS, DB and application logs and alerts)
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Analyze identified malicious activity in the computing environment to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, and effects on system and information
- Lead Cyber incident detection, investigation and response
- Ensure that all IT systems comply with internal Cyber Security policies and procedures
- Develop new Cyber Security policies and procedures
- Maintain IT security controls documentation
- Ensure corporate systems and policies comply with Cyber Security industry standards and best practices
- Report incidents and coordinate incident response activities
- Provide advice on security topics to business stakeholders and contribute to customer initiated audits
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent, preferably in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or a technology related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of Cyber Security experience
- Solid experience with securing Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud implementations
- Strong knowledge of Cybersecurity methodologies, standards, and best practices
- Strong understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, TLS and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, POP, LDAP
- Good understanding of systems development life cycle and secure application development
- Working experience with information security related standards, laws and regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, ISO 27000, etc.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functional areas
- A well-known Information Security certification such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, CISA, etc. is a solid asset
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.