DevOps Automation Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: June 11, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is building a next generation cloud based solution and requires a DevOps Developer for our test, build and deployment infrastructure The primary focus will be automating and creating tests and integrating them with a continuous delivery build system. We are looking for a person who is passionate about cloud, automation and technology, possesses a collaborative mindset, and has a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop to implement a best-in-class test automation framework and continue to evolve the test automation roadmap for a cloud native application
- Collaborate with developers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Drive and improve automation strategy with the goal to increase automation coverage across the product suite
- Discover and analyze quality gaps while defining and publishing key performance metrics for the automated testing
- Participate in design and architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions across project teams
- Manage quality by owning defects, production incidents, user-workflow test plans, orchestrating automated testing with the teams, and prioritizing technical debt and architectural spikes where appropriate to improve quality of the product suite
- Comply with established automation guidelines and standards for code consistency and maintainability
- Co-ordinate activities of automation test engineers and integrate test cases into the automation test suite
- Analyze and troubleshoot test case failures to identify the need for a functional update or a test case update
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Some professional experience in the related domain
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms, web, mobile, desktop apps, hardware platforms, API and database testing technologies
- Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends. Experience with test automation and test management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Ranorex, Appium, JMeter, SOAPUI, Postman, Protractor, Grinder, Gatling, Geb, Cypress, etc.
- Experience in an agile design environment including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Understanding of primary models of test automation frameworks, (i.e. data driven, keyword driven, hybrid, and behavior driven)
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes deployment and orchestration
- Knowledge of automated build management tools
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows development environment
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Git, and Jira
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong initiative and ability to learn quickly
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.