Location: Anywhere in Canada
Posted on: June 11, 2021
March Networks is a leading provider of IP video software and systems, with hundreds of customers and certified partners worldwide. We are on an exciting journey to go beyond traditional video surveillance and tap into video’s true potential as a source of big data for smart security and business intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Agile team building the next generation cloud video intelligence solution. The role spans across our build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
If you are passionate about cloud technology and operations automation, enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and looking to work on an engaging and fast-paced project, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance our growing cloud-centric and on-prem deployments
- Work as a team to formulate, refine, and optimize the software delivery and release process to bring new features to market quickly and efficiently, with a strong focus on a continuous delivery strategy
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the build, deployment, and test pipelines
- Troubleshoot issues in internal and customer-facing deployed environments
- Work closely with development teams to solve technical problems
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program
- Experience developing, configuring, and managing cloud infrastructure and deployment pipelines using CI/CD technologies
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes to stand up enterprise-grade applications
- Experience in one or more cloud frameworks (AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience leveraging Infrastructure-as-Code to quickly bring up new cloud environments or upgrade existing ones
- Familiar with Istio and Helm Charts
- Familiar with Jenkins, Git
- Knowledge of automated build management tools
- Familiar with Linux/Windows development environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an Agile environment including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation
- Exposure to Bitbucket and Jira
- Familiar with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP, VPN, DNS
- Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms, web, mobile, and desktop apps, hardware platforms, API and database testing technologies
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.