Director of Global Marketing
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 30, 2019
The purpose of the position is to lead the growth of March Networks by increasing end-customer and channel partner demand for March Networks solutions through the strategic management of the marketing function to our core target markets and geographies.
The position is responsible for setting the marketing strategy and executing the key initiatives and tactics to further March Networks leadership in the highly evolving video surveillance marketplace. The position includes responsibility for demand generation, integrated marketing campaigns, marketing communications, brand and corporate identity management, online strategy and digital programs, advertising, public relations and trade shows and events.
Success is determined by measurable results for the business and the position requires a broad, pragmatic business perspective combined with a creative, marketing savvy that will allow the company to stand-out among its competition in the marketplace. The candidate must have a proven track record of tactical execution and able to deal with multiple initiatives at the same time. This role works with all global regions. For clarity, this is not only a marketing communications role, but one that covers all elements of marketing with a significant focus on demand generation as the company expands in the marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, regional sales leaders, product management and product marketing to understand the strategic product direction and target market requirements
- Lead the demand generation efforts across all marketing mix elements and team members responsible for those functions. This includes the leadership of the inside sales function and leveraging their efforts to convert multi-touch campaigns into revenue opportunities for the channel and/or direct touch sale teams
- Develop messaging and unique value propositions, and bring them to life via integrated campaigns that rise above the clutter. Significant focus on new product launches and accelerating time to revenue
- Provide guidance and expertise on optimal tactics and promotional vehicles to achieve business objectives
- Work with sales to ensure our marketing communication plans match sales value proposition both globally and regionally
- Lead the use of marketing and sales automation solutions to increase effectiveness of marketing efforts and sales productivity
- Lead and manage the events function including large industry tradeshows, regional roadshows, and channel events. Launch campaigns and products in coordinated efforts at key events and opportunities
- Deliver world-class and compelling content to grow March share of voice in the market. Continuously evolve our online presence, keeping in mind our key stakeholders (potential and existing customers, partners, employees)
- Manage the overall Marketing budget and the creation of the annual marketing plan
- Work with and lead many external suppliers to accomplish above objectives
- Participate in monthly business reviews with management to ensure alignment and results
- Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications. MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a high-technology marketing environment at a senior level
- Demonstrated success managing all aspects of Marketing, including marcom, lead generation, tradeshows, branding, and budget
- B2B marketing and technology experience is preferred
- Experience with marketing and sales automation solutions
- Ability to understand basic technology value propositions
- Ability to understand business and sales objectives and strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with executives and build relationships to drive change
- Ability to thrive and achieve results in a dynamic, multi-initiative environment where tactical execution on the candidate’s part is critical to success
- Must be creative, driven and be able to see beyond what competitors are doing
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.