Director of Marketing
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: March 2, 2023
About March Networks
We are a leading provider of IP video surveillance solutions used by some of the world’s largest organizations for advanced security, loss prevention, risk mitigation and operational efficiency. Our product portfolio includes powerful Command video management software (VMS), high-definition IP cameras, encoders, hybrid network video recorders (NVRs/DVRs) and innovative business intelligence applications that help customers increase the return on their technology investments. March Networks software and systems are currently used by financial, retail, transportation, commercial industrial, government and education customers in more than 70 countries.
The purpose of the position is to lead the growth of March Networks by increasing end-customer and channel partner awareness, consideration, and preference through the strategic management of the marketing function to our core target markets and geographies.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for setting the marketing strategy and executing the key initiatives and tactics to further March Networks leadership in the highly evolving video surveillance marketplace. The position includes responsibility for Marketing Communications, demand generation, integrated marketing campaigns, brand and corporate identity management, corporate positioning & messaging, online strategy & digital programs, advertising, public relations and trade shows & events.
Success is determined by measurable results for the business and the position requires a broad, pragmatic business perspective combined with a creative, marketing savvy that will allow the company to stand-out among its competition in the marketplace. The candidate must have a proven track record of tactical execution and able to deal with multiple initiatives at the same time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the CMO, product management & product marketing to understand the strategic product direction and target market requirements. Develop messaging, unique value propositions and bring them to life via creative campaigns that rise above the clutter. Provide guidance and expertise on optimal tactics and promotional vehicles to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the demand generation efforts across all marketing mix elements and team members responsible for those functions. Leverage the Salesforce/Pardot platform for demand generation efforts and integration across sales, marketing, support, and operations activities. Lead the outbound appointment setting/inside sales function and convert multi-touch campaigns into revenue opportunities for the channel and/or direct touch sale teams.
- Responsible for the marketing communications function and leading the team in all aspects of communications.
- Digital marketing strategy and execution across Marchnetworks.com, Partner portal, and online media.
- Brand Champion – Determine our brand strategy, corporate identity and look & feel, must possess a strong design sense and able to work with many outsourced resources – design agencies, print firms, media reps.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure our marketing communication plans match the sales value proposition. Work with sales to optimize trade shows & events, partner portal, customer testimonials, lead generation & tracking, competitive research, coop marketing, etc.
- Lead and manage the ‘Events’ function including large industry tradeshows, regional roadshows, and channel events. Launch campaigns and products in coordinated efforts at key events and opportunities.
- Deliver world-class and compelling content to grow March share of voice in the market. Continuously evolve our online presence, keeping in mind our key stakeholders (potential and existing customers, Partners (CSPs), potential shareholders, employees). Build multi-year plan for digital interaction drivers.
- Manage the overall Marketing budget and determine the media mix & dollar allocations to achieve objectives most effectively.
- Works with and lead many external suppliers to accomplish above objectives.
- Degree in marketing, business or communications. MBA preferred
- Requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high-technology marketing environment.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple aspects of Marketing, including: demand generation, communication, digital, events, product marketing, branding, & budget management.
- B2B marketing experience is preferred
- Ability to understand basic technology value propositions is critical
- Ability to understand business and sales objectives and strategy are required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with executives and build relationships to drive change is a must.
- Must be creative, driven and be able to see beyond what competitors are doing.
- Ability to travel to key events when required.
- Ability to thrive and achieve results in a dynamic, multi-initiative environment where tactical execution on the candidate’s part is critical to success.
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.