Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: August 8, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating logistical aspects of the company’s participation in industry tradeshows, reseller and partner events, or other. These include North American events as well as those in South America.
The successful candidate will be responsible for event scheduling, planning, logistics, execution and follow-up of 10×10 and table top shows. This individual will ultimately ensure everything event-related – from the annual event calendar, the pre-show planning, the shipping of equipment and other logistics, the budget tracking, through to the post-show lead qualification and distribution – is well executed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator will work collaboratively with their Manager and broader Marketing team but will also be required to work independently to meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position carries extensive logistics, planning demands and short lead times. The ability to balance numerous events concurrently and prioritize deliverables on a daily basis will be important in this role.
This role is responsible for the following duties:
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing in the planning, implementation and metrics setting for tradeshows and special events
- Coordinating tradeshow logistics including space selection, booth layout, exhibitor profile, graphics, equipment, shipping and show services
- Providing a pre-show summary to attendees detailing resources, responsibilities and post-show actions
- Tracking accurately against the agreed budget for each event
- Providing a post-show summary, including leads generated, cost per lead, and other metrics to indicate the return the company experienced from each event
- Ordering and tracking event inventory including collateral, banners, equipment and promotional items and preparing the appropriate sales tools for each event
- Other related duties incidental to the Marketing department, such as shipping for the team, collateral and filing support, and support on large tradeshows and events
Experience and Qualifications:
- College Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing combined with an Event Management Certificate
- Minimum one year of event planning experience
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events simultaneously
- Disciplined in managing budgets
- Excellent project management and organization skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage external suppliers to achieve all deliverables
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to prioritize deliverables
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in a cross-functional environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to periodically travel to the USA
- Experience in the high technology sector a bonus
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.