Research & Development — Ottawa, ON
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you will enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You will be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
As part of our R&D team, the FPGA Designer will participate in the development of March Networks’ next generation AI video surveillance products, collaborating and bringing new ideas, knowledge, and expertise to a team of SW and HW Engineers.
You have been working with FPGAs for years and know how to write synthesizable RTL to produce efficient logic designs. You have experience building large scale FPGA systems, which include such design elements as multiple clock domains, high speed memory, and soft IP core integration. You are a problem solver and enjoy working with Electrical Designers and SW Engineers to debug system wide problems. You also appreciate how valuable a system wide simulation is to be able to creatively solve difficult problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design and debug FPGAs
- Develop custom modules and integrate 3rd party IP to build high speed FPGA video systems running on the latest generation of Xilinx FPGAs
- Accelerate deep learning inference and video pre/post functions on FPGA logics
- Train Junior FPGA Designer
- Document your creations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience designing real logic using RTL VHDL or Verilog
- Proficient in designing and executing structured FPGA development workflows
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoCs, including the interworking of Processing System (ARM cores) and Programmable Logic (FPGA)
- Experience working with the latest generation of Xilinx VIVADO design tools
- Experience defining the steps needed to make a FPGA design meet timing and size constraints.
- Experience building a simulation test bench including a system wide simulation of your design.
- Experience debugging and stabilizing your designs while supporting system and hardware testing
- Experience working with the high speed memory, video CODEC, and video pre/post processing technologies
- Experience designing for the Xilinx DEEPHI DNNDK for AI inference
- Experience programming in C or C++
- Experience with Linux and Gstreamer
- Experience working in a higher level design language such as OpenCL framework
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.