General Accountant and Credit Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: October 6, 2023
March Networks is an established global leader in the video surveillance industry and works with the world’s largest retailers and banking institutions. Our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Controller, the General Accountant and Credit Specialist will be responsible for customer credit establishment, subscription management, collections, and month end accruals and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts. Candidates for this position should have strong communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Accountable for completeness and accuracy of accounts receivable, lease receivable, collections, customer credit, expected credit loss and other key balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analysis for assigned general ledger accounts (accounts receivable, lease receivable, and expected credit loss)
- Prepare and post month end accruals
- Customer credit establishment and review
- Monitor and collect on past due customer accounts
- Resolve client billing issues
- Manage subscription billings
- Participate in the ongoing development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Post secondary degree or equivalent in business and finance/accounting
- Excellent data gathering and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible, adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, and problem solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple deliverables to drive timely results
- 2+ years of previous accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech, multi-entity and multi-currency environment would also be valuable
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus eligibility
- Medical/Dental Benefits from day 1
- EAP access
- RRSP matching
- Professional Development Support
- Company holiday closure
- Flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.
Please click on the link https://apply.workable.com/march-networks/j/7FCB4EE6FD/apply/ to submit your application.