Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: April 4, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Controller, the General Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Finance department. We are looking for an exceptional accountant with IFRS, subscription management, corporate tax/compliance, and general ledger experience. Candidates for this position should have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for completeness and accuracy of consolidated revenue, deferred revenue, billings, intercompany, operating expenses, and other key balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analysis for assigned general ledger accounts (billings tie out, revenue, deferred revenue, and intercompany)
- Customer contract review and documentation of revenue recognition accounting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly tax provision and transfer pricing calculations and any tax audit requirements
- Co-ordinate the preparation of all corporate tax returns, including SR&ED claims
- Prepare transfer pricing documentation
- Participate in the ongoing development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Post secondary degree or equivalent in business and finance/accounting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Excellent data gathering and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible, adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interact and build relationships with different departments in order to complete core responsibilities
- Strong communication and organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple deliverables to drive timely results
- Minimum 5 years of previous accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech, multi-entity and multi-currency environment would also be valuable
- Experience with corporate tax reporting/compliance
- Experience with SAP is preferred
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.