Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 8, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
As part of our R&D team, the Electrical Hardware Designer will participate in the development of March Networks’ next generation AI video surveillance products, collaborating and bringing new ideas, knowledge, and expertise to a team of software and hardware engineers.
The ideal candidate would have been designing mixed analog and digital board design for few years from concept to mass production. You have experience building small scale FPGA sub-systems, which include design elements with multiple clock domains, high speed memory, and soft IP core integration. You are a problem solver and enjoy working with electrical, mechanical, compliance, component and software engineers to debug system wide problems. You also appreciate how valuable a system wide simulation enables to creatively solve difficult problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design and debug various electrical circuit assembly boards
- Work in a cross-functional team to design and debug FPGAs
- Design and test hardware solutions having real estate and power efficiency challenges with high speed signal integrity considerations
- Write hardware design proposals, specification, and work instructions
- Perform schematic capture, layout supervision, and write FPGA software using VHDL
- Support prototype and mass production contract manufacturers bringing high quality products to market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 7 years relevant experience
- Proficient in designing, executing, and testing circuit card level designs taking into consideration derating, worst case, reliability, compliance, and power budget requirements
- Experience working with system on chip, high speed memory, high speed interfaces, and point of load power supplies
- Experience designing FPGA programmable logic meeting timing and size constraints
- Familiarity with EMC and Safety compliance design requirements
- Experience designing with Orcad schematic Capture and Allegro layout tools
- Experience designing for the Xilinx FPGA family using RTL VHDL or Verilog
- Experience working with the latest generation of Xilinx design tools and simulation test bench
- Experience with video surveillance and network products.
- Experience with video pre/post processing technologies
- Experience designing consumer electronic and/or cost effectiveness.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.