Intermediate Test Automation Engineer
Research & Development — Ottawa, ON
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
To design, automate, execute software quality assurance procedures to test and evaluate March products. Participate in various test activities for both new versions of software and support of existing generally available software.
- Work closely with product engineers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Complies with established automation guidelines and standards for code consistency and maintainability.
- Collaborates with developers to ensure a successful and timely software release that meets the functional requirements and product standards
- Writes automation test cases and maintains test cases throughout the product development cycle. Analyzes and troubleshoots test case failures to identify the need for a functional update or a test case update
- Maintains documentation regarding automation test methodology and test results
- Promotes information sharing within the team and with other teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- At least 4 years professional experience in the related domain
- Automated testing of Web Apps, HW platforms, mobile apps and thick clients using frameworks such as Selenium, Ranorex, Geb, Cypress, etc.
- Experience with design and development tools such as Git/Bitbucket, Eclipse, JIRA, Jenkins, etc
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux/windows development environment.
- Working experience with messaging interfaces REST/HTTP
- Capable on delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Networking and VMware.
- Knowledge of software testing theory and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Please note: Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.