IT Business Analyst – 1 Year Term Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 11, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is engaged in an exciting and challenging IT Architecture transformation journey and this position will play a crucial role in its success.
This role is a combination of functional and business analysis responsibilities. The successful candidate will contribute to the planning and execution of the phase 2 of Salesforce implementation project, will coordinate project team members, business stakeholders, and vendors to ensure a successful delivery with quality, on time and on budget. The successful candidate will lead process mapping, business requirements analysis and documentation. A very important part of this role includes hands-on Salesforce system configuration and testing.
Project scope will include:
- Enhancements to current Salesforce implementation of Sales cloud, Service cloud, Community, CPQ and Marketing Cloud.
- Implementation of Salesforce Einstein Analytics
- Implementation of custom-built applications on Salesforce platform
- Integrations with backend systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document, review and analyze use cases and business requirements
- Map current state and future state business processes
- Review the system’s data to identify areas of improvement
- Work closely with stakeholders and Solution Architecture and Development team to identify the best solutions for the business needs
- Ensure business requirements are within the project scope boundaries
- Ensure project delivery team and business stakeholders are continually focused on project objectives
- Facilitate workshops to gather input from key stakeholders
- Support project team with the design and development tasks
- Perform system configurations in different Salesforce modules
- Ensure that the developed solutions fully meet the business requirements
- Define project’s testing plan and lead functional and integration testing activities
- Lead and coordinate user acceptance testing activities
- Potentially work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors
- Research, analyze and communicate best practices in the CRM domain
- Assist with data migration planning and execution
- Conduct end user training and workshops to ensure effective use of developed solutions
- Assist with change management plan
- Be the advocate for change and for challenging the status quo
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Analysis
- Proven work experience with various and complex IT applications delivery projects
- Ability to work on projects with both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environment
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid organizational skills with a detail-oriented and customer-focused mindset
- Knowledge of project management tools
- BA certification
- Experience with Salesforce implementation projects
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.