IT Infrastructure and Support Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: January 13, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The IT Infrastructure and Support Specialist will be responsible for working with the core infrastructure team in new project implementations as well as ongoing help desk effort for employees on our global network. Help desk activities span all elements of our existing infrastructure including hardware, applications, server and telecom Infrastructure. The ideal candidate should be able to operate with great autonomy and under general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for phone and electronic help requests for internal and remote employees
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software on all corporate desktops and laptops as well as day-to-day maintenance, configuration, and upgrade of systems
- Support and manage Windows Active Directory
- Support telecom/networking infrastructure and cloud phone system
- Support corporate mobile communications
- Support Print Server maintenance and general maintenance/repair of office equipment
- Prepare progress reports and update management on status of problems
- Provide 24×7 on-call support to employees on a rotational basis
- Other technical related duties as required, including being able to move or lift equipment on occasion
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a Technology Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of IT support experience
- Solid knowledge of PC maintenance and commonly used server and workstation operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Exchange email environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide technical guidance to employees regarding PC and mail problems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Experience with VMWare Infrastructure environments
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, NetApp storage solutions, and AWS cloud solutions
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.