IT Project Manager
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: June 11, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is starting on a new, exciting, and challenging IT Architecture transformation journey and this position will play a crucial role in its success.
The Project Manager will lead the planning and execution of all IT projects within March Networks. This position will guide project team members, business stakeholders, third party contractors, and vendors to a successful delivery of IT projects with quality, on time, and on budget. The Project Manager will act as a primary point of contact to project stakeholders and contributors. The successful candidate will coordinate the project delivery cycle and make decisions on schedule, task assignment, and risk mitigation. The Project Manager may be required to play a Business Analyst on some projects and provide some level of contribution to business requirements documentation.
Project mandates will include:
- Functionally enhancements/changes within existing March Networks systems (e.g. ERP, CRM, PLM)
- New solutions introduction (e.g. HR System, CRM, BI)
- New Integrations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage all phases of the project life-cycle
- Create and manage project plans and schedules
- Define tasks and required resources
- Closely monitor tasks execution
- Ensure that project objectives are aligned with company goals
- Ensure project team is clear on objectives and scope
- Contribute to business requirements documentation
- Support project team with the design and development of tasks
- Manage project scope, budget, risks, and timelines
- Manage all project documentation
- Contribute to project business case analysis
- Deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate project status updates to stakeholders
- Manage relationships with third party vendors
- Foster partnerships with customers, stakeholders, and sponsors
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in IT
- Proven work experience with various and complex IT application delivery projects (ERP, CRM, eCommerce, multi-tiered system Integrations, etc.)
- Ability to manage projects with both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid organizational skills with a detail-oriented and customer-focused mindset
- Knowledge of project management tools
- PMP certification
- Experience with Salesforce and SAP
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.