Junior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: April 28, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Test Engineer to assist the Senior Test Engineers with implementing and documenting test changes, and updating product and part information in our change control system, AGILE PLM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create SAP Purchase Requisitions to build test equipment
- Fabricate test equipment to meet the demands of product changes or new products
- Build and document test equipment under the guidance of a Test Engineer
- Perform verification testing on specific product attributes under the guidance of a Test Engineer
- Write, verify and document automated test programs under the guidance of a Test Engineer
- Perform data extracts from AGILE to Excel
- Upload data into AGILE and process the various data
- Update exercises under the guidance of the AGILE Administrator
- Assist in data cleansing requirements under the guidance of the AGILE Administrator as a result of the recent AGILE migration to AGILE 9.3.4
- Create the database of product compliance requirements to be uploaded into AGILE
- Travel as required to support remote testing capabilities
Experience and Qualifications:
- A recent Engineering graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent, with up to 5 years of experience
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Object Oriented Programming (VB.NET)
- Experience with Visual Basic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure deadlines are met and problems are resolved, escalated and managed appropriately between The Technical Operations team and the internal customers or external suppliers and customers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Knowledge of component compliance requirements such as ROHS3 or REACH
- Knowledge of test methodologies for volume manufacturing
- Familiarity with change control processes and tools such as AGIE PLM
- Technical experience in OEM or Contract Manufacturer
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.