Key Account Manager – US Gulf Region (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi)
Posted on: November 19, 2020
thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan or sales commission plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
This is the ideal role for an Account Manager with a passion for hunting new business opportunities. You will manage and grow business revenue through new key end-user accounts within your assigned territory. You will act as the primary contact for all key end-user accounts within your assigned territory and will also partner closely with the regional Channel Account Managers to engage integrators, VARs and other strategic business partners within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a key accounts strategy for assigned territory and execute against the plan to exceed annual sales objectives and quota targets
- Create account plans and strategies to win new business within assigned territory from new key end-user accounts who are not currently doing business with March Networks. This includes meeting sales quota for new key end-user accounts by identifying new sales opportunities through contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission and customer appointments
- Strengthen existing business relationships with our major CSPs through ongoing engagement, communication, and issue resolution
- Partner closely with the regional Channel Account Managers to engage appropriate Channel Partners when needed for new end-user opportunities and identify and follow through on significant end-user sales opportunities identified by the Channel Partners
- Learn and continuously develop knowledge of existing and new products/solutions which includes enhancing expertise in company’s software application technologies
- Leverage full spectrum of product portfolio to provide customer specific solutions including: Managed Services, SaaS, VSaaS, and various other software solutions
- Partner closely with Product Management and Marketing to provide constructive feedback reflecting customer and market needs/issues
- Submit accurate and detailed weekly sales forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements
- A College or University degree is preferred; MBA is considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of successful sales experience in an end-user account management role focused on networks, client/server knowledge, and CCTV /video surveillance industries
- Proven hunter of new business. Preference given for experience hunting/winning accounts in banking/financial/retail
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of commercial transactions and sales processes
- Proven track record in providing outstanding customer satisfaction
- Exceptional skills in collaboration, communication, organizational, project management and technical aptitude
- Ability and interest to travel up to 50% (currently subject to regional travel guidelines due to the COVID-19)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.