Manager, Technical Support
Location: Ottawa, On
Posted on: December 16, 2022
Purpose of position:
Directs and develops March Networks technical customer on-site support activities and programs. Works with executive level management to develop and implement customer on-site support policies and procedures. Manages/Directs activities of technical customer on-site support unit to ensure professional and courteous support to customers. Ensures resolution of customer problems. Collaborates with other departments to expedite the resolution of problems. Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel.
- Manage day to day support issues of the Customer Service team by ensuring resources are appropriately balanced for maximum efficiency to resolve incoming calls
- Help the team to prioritize external and internal client requests and issues and seek out opportunities to delineate and communicate effectively
- Facilitate team problem solving when escalations occur and be the decision maker in critical situations
- Hires and trains a skilled staff
- Proactively assess big picture issues with customer service team and clients and pursue custom solutions development as needed
- Interface clearly, consistently and often with R&D and sales in the organization to ensure the role of the customer service team evolves as product updates, releases and initiatives are planned
- Works and interfaces regularly with the Applications/ Sales Engineering team and account managers to gauge the performance of the team and responds to pain points should they exist.
- Manages customer escalations to ensure problems are professionally dealt with to the satisfactions of the client and root cause is sort in order to avoid repetitive escalations.
- Manages and monitors the performance of the team in terms of benchmarked metrics and provides recommendations on how to improve overall efficiencies and/or effectiveness of the team and its performance.
- Focus on evaluating, motivating and sustaining the service level of the customer service team by building and maintaining trust
- Development and establishment of an organization capable of providing a global support capability 24/7/365
- Develop with team participation the processes, policies, procedures and manuals to help customer service build future capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical or engineering discipline and may have some post graduate education or training
- Typically requires 10 to 12 years of experience in customer support with at least 5 years of management experience
- Experience in manager roles with recruitment, selection, hiring, employee engagement and performance reviews.
- Successful track record of leading, mentoring, motivating employees and the ability to assign and monitor work
- High competence in web systems, preferably experience in data reporting
- Passion for customer service, building processes and developing an organization that will exceed customers’ expectations
- Strong functional business process, team development and quality assurance experience
- Requires excellent independent judgment, as well as the ability to work well with a cross functional team
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient PC skills and related software applications
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject line.