March Networks Labs Software Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: April 7, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The March Networks Labs Software Developer is responsible for researching, understanding, and developing detailed requirements for market-focused applications. This activity will span both internally developed applications as well as collaborative support of applications developed by strategic partners. March Networks Labs is focused on combining existing and new technology to bring incredible value to our partners and end users through practical applications. This role has global responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain important technical relationships with 3rd party strategic partners
- Investigate potential 3rd party integrations, exploring the capacity for interfacing with the March Networks product portfolio through the review of datasheets, API/SDK documentation, and any other materials associated with a product integration candidate
- Report on potential applications, including constraints or technical challenges and make recommendations about how a particular application should be implemented
- Communicate and share required technical information, equipment, and software components with other team members who need to perform the implementation of a specific application
- Lead developer support of our thriving 3rd party developer community, including guidance of how to attack a particular development initiative as well as direct support of our SDK and API products
- Work directly with the Sales, Sales Engineering Team and customers to gather specific customer requirements related to any 3rd party applications
- Maintain March Networks’ database of 3rd party integrations and applications, ensuring they are current to latest software versions and any required certifications or approvals are in place
- Document 3rd party integration capabilities in detail and support the Marketing team in communicating the benefits or features of a particular integration to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with 3rd party technology companies in a technical capacity
- Software development experience and understanding of API’s
- Ability to maintain multiple external relationships simultaneously and effectively report and communicate internally
- Ability to communicate complicated technical concepts
- Experience in video surveillance, Access Control, or POS industry
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.