Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: February 10, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Marketing Writer will be responsible for multiple marketing communications activities focused on increasing awareness, consideration and preference for March Networks across its core markets and geographies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for content development and execution and management across a variety of digital and print media. This includes writing and editing, creative and editorial development and project management to support various corporate, sales and marketing initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Writer will work collaboratively with the Marketing team but will also be required to work independently to meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ability to balance numerous projects concurrently and prioritize deliverables on a daily basis will be important in this role.
This role is responsible for the following key areas:
- Writing blogs, contributed articles, email communications and other editorial content in support of integrated marketing programs for channel partners and end user customers
- Supporting digital content development for the corporate website including writing web content, coordinating photos, updating assets and ensuring collateral is up to date, under the direction of the Website Manager
- Assisting with brand and file management, and cross-functional coordination
- Strengthening March Networks’ SEO by supporting our current Google Ads/SEM work including conducting keyword research, backlink audits, and fixing on-page SEO issues (missing alt-tags, meta descriptions, etc.) under the direction of the Website Manager
- Assisting with the development of PowerPoints, brochures, and marketing videos as required
- Contributing to our social media content calendar as required
- Regular coordination of multiple internal resources and external suppliers/agencies/contractors
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism or Communications
- Strong writing and editing skills in English are essential
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on writing experience, ideally acquired in the media and/or a corporate communications environment
- Experience in digital content creation
- Knowledge of SEO and experience with Google Ads
- Good project management skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage external suppliers to achieve all deliverables
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize deliverables
- Experience in the high technology sector
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot
- Experience writing video scripts and using video editing software
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.