Network Operations Centre Support Specialist – 1 Year Term Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: August 21, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks’ Managed Services team monitors tens of thousands of cameras, encoders and network video recorders (NVRs) for dozens of customers around the world to optimize the availability of mission-critical video surveillance systems. With the release of March Network’s unique Insight system, interest in this service continues to grow.
March Networks is looking to expand the Managed Services team with a Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Specialist to proactively monitor for potential issues, taking corrective actions as required; coordinating the rollout of upgrades and enhancements, maintenance releases and emergency patches; analyzing system data for potential issues and/or trends; providing system status reports; and exceeding customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide monitoring functions for specific customer within Managed Services.
- Provide technical guidance and support as required.
- Track and record all customer communication.
- Manage client warranty and service entitlement.
- Remote diagnostics and repair.
- Patch and upgrade roll out.
- Handle customer inquiries and escalate to the appropriate contact.
- Maintain and update database and provide various daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Report in-field software/hardware feature requests.
- Notify of hardware and software issues (logging of issues/bugs).
- Collaborate with other groups, specifically R&D and PV.
- Participate in maintenance and administration of the NOC reporting and tracking database.
- Work independently through verbal/written instructions from management.
- Promote and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Takes inbound/outbound customer support calls and emails.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex and technical customer software/hardware issues.
- Other related duties incidental to the department.
- Initiate RMA’s for customer identified equipment. This includes identifying affected equipment serial numbers, and then processing RMA’s for each identified item. This activity is performed on-site and is to be conducted as a minimum weekly.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary education, preferably in computer science, engineering or mathematics or related work experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred.
- Sound knowledge of:
- Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003, MS Office, MS Exchange Server, Active Directory, FTP, pc/server assembly and repair, routers, switches, hubs.
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, network support and troubleshooting.
- Security products, DVR’s, CCTV and IP cameras
- Working knowledge of the Security and Transportation Industries.
- Ability to work:
- Independently and as part of a team.
- Well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- In a fast-paced, dynamic environment, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in dealing directly with all levels of customers. (i.e. end users, managers and VPs)
- Customer focused, attentive to detail, investigative, commitment to quality.
- Database as well as programming / scripting skills are considered a definite asset.
- Pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Service oriented and solution driven.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.