Product Engineering Specialist – 1 Year Term Contract
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: March 23, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Product Engineering Specialist is the conduit between R&D, Supply Chain, and Process and Test Engineering Groups in Operations. This will encompass all aspects of the product definition, from CAD outputs, BOM configurations, new part number setup, part drawings, purchase specifications, cost data, compliance data, and any other unique data as required within the framework of Agile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure proper BOM configurations
- Create and maintain the part item master
- Provide component engineering support, such as part data sheet management, discrete component alternate sourcing, and creation of MCOs
- Complete CAD data management and conversion as needed to the various formats used by the PCB shops and/or contract manufacturers
- Maintain data from R&D and Design teams
- Manage the assembly and part level item class types
- Manage the assembly and part level life cycles
- Manage the CCB for all products
- Maintain data entry and attributes of down stream business applications
- Provide weekly reports on configuration and data management activities
- Perform FPIs, PAIs, and assist in the reviewing of FAR reports
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Experience with various CAD tools and programming languages
- Understanding of layout tools and BOM structures
- Understanding of product packaging labeling and compliance requirements
- Ability to implement and control processes and tool automation/simplification for the Agile user community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and work on team/project oriented activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency
- Experience in Agile PLM is considered a definite asset
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.