Product Manager – Clients and Vertical Application Software Solutions
Location: Ottawa, ON or Desio, Italy
Posted on: June 4, 2019
This position will be responsible for leading the Product Management/Owner function for applications including user clients and mobile devices within March Networks’ Product Management team.
As Product Manager, you will develop the vision, strategy and roadmap playing a key role in growing company revenue during the current industry shift to value-added application driven solutions.
Using your past experience in managing solutions for Banking or Retail applications, you will be required to build business cases based on engaging cross-functional stakeholders, partners and endusers to uncover Voice of Customer (VOC), and present analysis of business results compared to forecast projections.
You will collaborate with Sales, R&D, Marketing, Operations and 3rd party partners during the entire lifecycle of product development which will include comprehensive market launches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand customer/market requirements (VOC)
- Define day to day use cases and workflows of how Investigators, Loss Prevention, etc. use video, transactions and other data to uncover suspicious activity and business insights
- Meet with end users, integrators and sales engineers to solicit feedback and validate prototype software UI
- Investigate competition pros/cons including UI designs and market strategies
Define roadmap strategy for applications to secure March Networks as a market leader in vertical applications
- Drive alignment of market needs among all stakeholders
- Create, update and communicate 1 to 3 year roadmaps
- Manage entire software product lifecycle from concept introduction to EOL
Manage the Product Line P&L
- Document and validate business case with sales and customers including business model projections
- Analyze financial data to track revenue, unit sales, GM% and company target forecasts
- Provide monthly status reports and quarterly reviews to Senior Management including market condition analysis
Work with R&D, 3rd party developers and OEMs to develop applications
- Document market requirements as initiatives and epics using Agile methodologies for design teams for story creation
- Weekly demo sprint reviews of R&D prototype GUI designs to validate customer acceptance
- Work with 3rd party software companies as needed to bring their applications to market as part of a complete solution
Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Define overall value proposition and ROI of clients and vertical applications targeting endusers
- Collaborate on market launch plans with internal/external announcements, company website presence, trade show demonstrations, blogs, PR support and industry trade articles as well as sales tools including but not limited to data sheets, price lists, A&E specifications, training presentations and sell against strategies
- Assist Sales and Channels in opportunities and responses to RFPs
- College or University degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Management OR in Product Marketing with product design and development of client and software based solutions
- Familiarity with solutions used in Banking for fraud or Retail for exception reporting
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Experience within in any area of physical security (i.e. Video/Access Control) industry strongly desired
- Proven track record of successfully developing an application software solution (from start to finish) and executing a comprehensive market launch
- Strong business acumen, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to pitch a compelling big-picture product and market vision with the drive to make that vision a reality
- Product Management or Owner certifications
- Experience in Transit and/or Cannabis markets
- Familiarity with using Jira
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.