Product Manager, Enterprise Management Solutions
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: April 8, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
This position will be responsible for leading the Product Management/Owner function for Enterprise Management Software and Services within March Networks’ Product Management team.
As Product Manager, you will develop the vision, strategy and roadmap playing a key role in growing company revenue during the current industry shift to value-added application driven solutions.
Using your past experience in managing solutions for health reporting and configuration of enterprise applications, , you will be required to build business cases based on engaging cross-functional stakeholders, partners and endusers to uncover Voice of Customer (VOC), and present analysis of business results compared to forecast projections.
You will collaborate with Sales, R&D, Marketing, Operations and 3rd party partners during the entire lifecycle of product development which will include comprehensive market launches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand customer/market requirements (VOC)
- Define day to day use cases and workflows of how System Administrators configure solution settings as well as health monitoring
- Meet with end users, integrators and sales engineers to solicit feedback and validate prototype software UI
- Investigate competition pros/cons including UI designs and market strategies
Define roadmap strategy to secure March Networks as a market leader in enterprise management
- Drive alignment of market needs among all stakeholders
- Create, update and communicate 1 to 3 year roadmaps
- Manage entire software product lifecycle from concept introduction to EOL
Manage the Product Line P&L
- Document and validate business case with sales and customers including business model projections
- Analyze financial data to track revenue, unit sales, GM% and company target forecasts
- Provide monthly status reports and quarterly reviews to Senior Management including market condition analysis
Work with R&D and Managed Services team to develop enterprise management solutions
- Document market requirements as initiatives and epics using Agile methodologies for design teams for story creation
- Weekly demo sprint reviews of R&D prototype GUI designs to validate customer acceptance
Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Define overall value proposition and ROI of enterprise management SW and Services
- Collaborate on market launch plans with internal/external announcements, company website presence, trade show demonstrations, blogs, PR support and industry trade articles as well as sales tools including but not limited to data sheets, price lists, A&E specifications, training presentations and sell against strategies
- Assist Sales and Channels in opportunities and responses to RFPs
- College or University Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Product Management OR in Product Marketing
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Proven track record of successfully developing an application software solution (from start to finish) and executing a comprehensive market launch
- Strong business acumen, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to pitch a compelling big-picture product and market vision with the drive to make that vision a reality
- Product Management or Owner certifications
- Experience in enterprise solutions for Retail, Banking and Transit applications
- Familiarity with using Jira
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.