Product Manager, Smart Edge Devices
Location: Anywhere in North America East Coast
Posted on: September 11, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
This position will be responsible for leading the Product Management/Owner function for March Networks Smart Edge Devices including cameras and sensors, utilizing AI.
As Product Manager, you will develop the vision, strategy and roadmap playing a key role in growing company revenue during the current industry shift to AI enabling data driven solutions at the edge.
Using your past experience in managing solutions for computer vision, video and IoT sensors, you will be required to build business cases based on engaging cross-functional stakeholders, partners and end users to uncover Voice of Customer (VOC), and present analysis of business results compared to forecast projections.
You will collaborate with Sales, R&D, Marketing, Operations and 3rd party partners during the entire lifecycle of product development which will include comprehensive market launches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand customer/market requirements (VOC)
- Define day to day use cases and workflows of how Security and other departments in an organization can use video to solve problems and then work backwards to deliver the source data needed to power the final solution needed.
- Meet with end users, integrators and sales engineers to solicit feedback and validate image quality, analytics accuracy, ease of install and ease of configuration
- Investigate competitor pros/cons for target verticals
Define roadmap strategy for edge devices that generate metadata for use in customer facing applications to secure March Networks as a market leader in target verticals
- Drive alignment of market needs among all stakeholders
- Create, update and communicate 1 to 3 year roadmaps
- Manage entire product lifecycle (HW and SW) from concept introduction to EOL
Manage the Product Line P&L
- Document and validate business case with sales and customers including business model projections
- Analyze financial data to track revenue, unit sales, product margin % and company target forecasts
- Provide monthly status reports and quarterly reviews to Senior Management including market condition analysis
Work with R&D, 3rd party developers and OEMs
- Document market requirements as initiatives and epics using Agile methodologies for design teams for story creation
- Weekly demo sprint reviews of R&D prototype GUI designs to validate customer acceptance
- Work with 3rd party companies as needed
Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Define ROI, key value propositions and competitive advantages for Certified Solution Partners and End users
- Collaborate on market launch plans for internal/external announcements, company website presence, trade show demonstrations, blogs, PR support and industry trade articles as well as sales tools including but not limited to data sheets, price lists, A&E specifications, training presentations and sell against strategies
- Assist Sales and Channels in opportunities and responses to RFPs
- College or University degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Management or in Product Marketing managing video image based devices
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing products that utilize AI or Machine Learning technology
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Proven track record of successfully developing video edge devices (from start to finish) and executing a comprehensive market launch
- Strong business acumen, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to pitch a compelling big-picture product and market vision with the drive to make that vision a reality
- Working knowledge of computer vision and video with an eye for image quality
- Experience with Ambarella, NVIDIA or other AI enabling platforms
- Experience with deep learning, data science, and GPU utilization
- Experience with HD and 4K video standards
- Experience with recording video at the edge with SD cards, etc.
- Familiarity with using Jira
- Experience with managing products sold as a subscription business model
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.