Product Manager, Vertical Application Client Solutions
Location: Anywhere in North America
Posted on: September 11, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
This position will be responsible for leading the Product Management/Owner function for applications including user clients and mobile devices within March Networks’ Product Management team.
As Product Manager, you will develop the vision, strategy and roadmap playing a key role in growing company revenue during the current industry shift to value-added application driven solutions.
Using your past experience in managing solutions for Banking or Retail applications, you will be required to build business cases based on engaging cross-functional stakeholders, partners and endusers to uncover Voice of Customer (VOC), and present analysis of business results compared to forecast projections.
You will collaborate with Sales, R&D, Marketing, Operations and 3rd party partners during the entire lifecycle of product development which will include comprehensive market launches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand customer/market requirements (VOC)
- Define day to day use cases and workflows of how Investigators, Loss Prevention, etc. use video, transactions and other data to uncover suspicious activity and business insights
- Meet with end users, integrators and sales engineers to solicit feedback and validate prototype software UI
- Investigate competition pros/cons including UI designs and market strategies
Define roadmap strategy for applications to secure March Networks as a market leader in vertical applications
- Drive alignment of market needs among all stakeholders
- Create, update and communicate 1 to 3 year roadmaps
- Manage entire software product lifecycle from concept introduction to EOL
Manage the Product Line P&L
- Document and validate business case with sales and customers including business model projections
- Analyze financial data to track revenue, unit sales, GM% and company target forecasts
- Provide monthly status reports and quarterly reviews to Senior Management including market condition analysis
Work with R&D, 3rd party developers and OEMs to develop applications
- Document market requirements as initiatives and epics using Agile methodologies for design teams for story creation
- Weekly demo sprint reviews of R&D prototype GUI designs to validate customer acceptance
- Work with 3rd party software companies as needed to bring their applications to market as part of a complete solution
Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Define overall value proposition and ROI of clients and vertical applications targeting endusers
- Collaborate on market launch plans with internal/external announcements, company website presence, trade show demonstrations, blogs, PR support and industry trade articles as well as sales tools including but not limited to data sheets, price lists, A&E specifications, training presentations and sell against strategies
- Assist Sales and Channels in opportunities and responses to RFPs
- College or University degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Management OR in Product Marketing with product design and development of client and software based solutions
- Familiarity with solutions used in Banking for fraud or Retail for exception reporting
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Experience within in any area of physical security (i.e. Video/Access Control) industry strongly desired
- Proven track record of successfully developing an application software solution (from start to finish) and executing a comprehensive market launch
- Strong business acumen, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to pitch a compelling big-picture product and market vision with the drive to make that vision a reality
- Product Management or Owner certifications
- Experience in Transit and/or Cannabis markets
- Familiarity with using Jira
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.