Product Marketing Manager
Location: Ottawa, ON or Remote Office (North America)
Posted on: February 10, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Global Leader of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for product marketing activities focused on increasing awareness, consideration and preference for March Networks across its core markets and geographies. The successful candidate will be an experienced product marketer with a meticulous eye for detail and knowledge or experience working in the video surveillance industry. Applicants should have experience in product marketing in a B2B environment. This role balances a mix of strategic and tactical work, requiring creative vision to help plan the go-to-market strategy, and hands-on execution work to deliver the tools necessary for success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Product Marketing Manager plays a vital role in driving demand for March Networks products and solutions. They will be the in-house expert on March Networks’ product line, providing support across product launches, marketing campaigns and sales enablement activities.
Specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of March Networks’ complete end-to-end solution in each of our core verticals. Requires knowledge of each product in the product line and the unique features of each product
- Working closely with Sales and Product Management to understand customer/partner needs and personas and developing value propositions for marketing collateral and campaigns
- Crafting accurate, compelling marketing messaging, positioning March Networks’ various products to target audiences. Requires the ability to translate complex, technical information into plain language
- Working with Product Management and the Marketing team on collateral (brochures, datasheets, PPTs, videos) for new products and solutions
- Developing sales tools including battle cards, pricing sheets and competitive intelligence
- Understanding the competitive landscape
- Working with external vendors (graphic designers, photographers, videographers and web developers) on collateral and sales tools
- Maintaining our library of sales tools and marketing collateral and ensuring translations are up to date
- Working with Product Management, Sales, and Operations in the creation of the global price list
- Providing support for internal teams in compiling RFPs, bids and proposals
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 5 years of product marketing experience, ideally in the video surveillance industry
- Superior writing and editing skills. Previous working experience as a technical writer is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of success in product marketing. You can point to the campaigns, messaging and strategy you developed that delivered results and increased market share
- Previous experience producing and managing a global price list
- Excellent communication skills in order to properly convey ideas
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality. Must be able to grasp technical capabilities and translate into plain language
- Experience working with agencies and managing external suppliers
- Strong project management skills including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PPT, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using Salesforce
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.