Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 13, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is looking for an energetic and detail-oriented Junior Project Manager to help develop and implement technical, cross functional projects from initiation through to delivery and formal product launch. As a Junior Project Manager, you will work under the direction of the Senior Project Manager and ensure that all targets, for all projects, including schedule and budget, are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage project deliverables and interdependencies from cross functional teams including but not limited to Customer Support, R&D, Product Marketing, Product Management, Training, and Operations
- Participate in regular status meetings and monitor project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project teams
- Manage project scope and ensure successful mitigation and closure of defects and project risks identified by project teams and customers
- Document all project results and present them to the appropriate parties in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager
- Ensure all phase gating activates are completed and prepare phase gate review presentations for Senior Management approval
- Provide on-going financial analysis on projects and report on program status and internal resource utilization to the Senior Project Manager
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to forecast revenue and margins to be included in project Business Cases
- Maintain departmental reports and assist the Senior Project Manager with other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 1 to 3 years of related program or project management experience ideally within a high technology environment
- Experience leading and managing complex projects
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite of products
- PMP Certification
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience in both hardware and software development
- Experience with 3rd party development and manufacturing
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.