Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 20, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Manager of Vertical Market Integrations, the QA Specialist will be responsible for testing custom data integrations for point of sale systems, ATMs and teller stations for March Networks’ Retail and Banking clients. In this role, you will be a key member of the Strategic Partnerships and Integrations team, helping our clients track fraud and theft investigations and loss prevention, as well as promoting operational efficiency and employee and inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with 3rd parties and internal R&D, PV and support teams to test, maintain, and support 3rd party POS and ATM integrations within our Searchlight platform
- Work with the team on customized integration projects with other 3rd party systems that present data in a similar way (RFID, weapon detection, weigh scale output, etc.)
- Support our team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Help maintain integration documentation for use by Development, Sales, and End Users
- Work to standardize and improve upon the design and development of new integrations into our Searchlight platform
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers, and new entrants into department
- Independently suggest and implement solutions and workarounds for problems of moderate to high complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in the related domain
- Experience using the following technologies is required:
- AWS, Amazon Redshift
- Swagger, Postman
- .NET, WFP, SOAP, REST, JSON, SQL
- Networking TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols and tools
- Windows Development (Visual Studio)
- Open source tools (GCC, GDB, etc.)
- Experience with test automation
- Experience interfacing with text-based protocols (XML, JSON)
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- Linux Development (kernel, driver, scripts level)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.