Quality Assurance Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 11, 2020
March Networks is building a next generation cloud based solution and requires a Quality Assurance Developer for our test, build, and deployment infrastructure. The focus will include test and demonstration environments, verification of functionality, and automating and creating tests and test plans. We are looking for a person who is passionate about cloud, operations automation and technology, possesses a collaborative mindset, and has a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood as well as an ability to create a high quality effective test plan.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve our growing cloud centric infrastructure
- Lead a small team of DevOps and Quality Assurance professionals to ensure rapid verification in an Agile development environment
- Design and develop to implement a best-in-class test automation framework and continue to evolve the test automation roadmap for a cloud native application
- Collaborate with developers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Drive and improve automation strategy with the goal to increase automation coverage across the product suite
- Discover and analyze quality gaps while defining and publishing key performance metrics for the automated testing
- Participate in design and architectural reviews of proposed build and automation solutions across project teams
- Manage quality by owning defects, production incidents, user-workflow test plans, orchestrating automated testing with the teams, and prioritizing technical debt and architectural spikes where appropriate to improve quality of the product suite
- Comply with established automation guidelines and standards for code consistency and maintainability
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program
- Some professional experience in the related domain
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms, web, mobile, desktop apps, hardware platforms, API and database testing technologies
- Strong test planning and test execution skills
- Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with frameworks such as Selenium
- Experience in an agile design environment including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Knowledge of automated build management tools
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows development environment
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Git, and Jira
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.