React Native Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: July 15, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is a leading provider of IP video software and systems, with hundreds of customers and certified partners worldwide. We are on an exciting journey to go beyond traditional video surveillance and tap into video’s true potential as a source of big data for smart security and business intelligence.
We are looking for a React Native Developer to join our Agile team building the next generation cloud video intelligence solution. The product boasts a modern technology stack comprised of a cloud-ready Node.js server powering a React-based web app using REST APIs.
If you are passionate about technology, enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and looking to work on an engaging and fast-paced project, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Innovate as you research new technologies and solve complex problems
- Support the team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Share well-developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience developing React Native applications (iOS and Android)
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM)
- Familiar with REST/SOAP
- Familiar with HTTP and WebSocket
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with mobile automated tests
- Experience with iOS (Swift) and Android (Kotlin) programming
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.