Sales Engineer (London)
Sales — Home-based office located in London, United Kingdom
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Working out of their home based office in the UK, the Sales Engineer is a key member of the UK, Nordic and Benelux Sales Teams, assisting in the generation of new business and ensuring growth of existing accounts through their technical knowledge of the March Networks products and subsequent third-party product integration. The main function of the Sales Engineer will be to combine superior technical knowledge and sales skills in order to provide consultation to current and potential customers, demonstrating product solutions to customer needs. This individual will be tasked with conducting research to identify overall solutions to our customers. The Sales Engineer will further work as a collaborative member of the March Networks team into the product and design teams by providing feedback and recommendations to create or improve upon product offerings based upon customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultation to customers and potential customers in order to understand and assess product needs and provide product solutions to address customer needs
- Provide pre-sales education and assistance to potential customers regarding products and services
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting problems with product trials, providing solutions and ensuring the success of solution implementation
- Develop comprehensive product demonstrations
- Communicate customer feedback into future product developments
- Assist Account Managers by answering technical questions, making technical presentations, and managing customer trials through phone, email and on-site visits
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party devices
- Leverage relationships within organizations to solve technical hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions
- Install, configure and test our solution at customer facilities during Proof of Concepts
- Interface with various customers at both a business and a technical level and propose viable solutions in real time during customer meetings
- Assist with the development of our channel partners. This may include conducting joint account calls, updating their technical staff on new products and features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years of previous technical sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to customers
- Goal oriented, with a proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience in networks, WAN, LAN, Wireless and Wired Communication networks, Client/server knowledge, ERP systems, and CCTV/video surveillance equipment
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Experience with POS integration
- Experience in the security industry
- CCNA certification
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.