Sales Engineer – Transit
Sales — Home-based office located in Los Angeles, California
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Sales Engineer will provide direct support to sales on physical demo installations of the complete transit solution, and when assigned, direct support to existing customers on hardware and software, OEM training and attending industry conferences. The highest priority of the Sales Engineer is to act as an advocate for March Networks and to make sure demonstrations, installations and post-sales support are of the highest quality. The Sales Engineer will report to the Director of North America Transportation to present a consistent value statement to prospective clients. Out of state travel may be required 50% of the time, and from time to time, the Sales Engineer may be required to perform duties outside of regular hours; night-shift work and limited weekend travel. In addition, the Sales Engineer will participate in demonstrations at various locations and provide existing customers with information of new product offerings.
Demonstration Installer duties:
- Installs and/or oversees pre-sales demonstration as assigned
- Inspects, tests, diagnoses, maintains, repairs, modifies, and overhauls all systems and components of NVR and other equipment – ‘products’ used in transit solutions provided by March Networks on assigned demonstrations.
- Provides timely and accurate documents on all aspects of the demo installation for the completion of a Standard Work Instruction (SWIS) document.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with customer support and professional services
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- May be required to participate in other project documentation, first article installations, RFP reviews and Delivery and Acceptance of installations.
- Travel to customer sites for service calls, installation and product related issues.
- Generate and distribute weekly progress, trip and status reports on a timely basis to direct report
- Assist management with support on various projects.
- When assigned partner with PV, PdM and Implementation on new product requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pre-Sales Engineer duties:
- Partners directly with Sales to support demonstrations – on-site or off-site, documents technical requirements, documents prospective client requirement, designs bus layouts and pre-installation Standard Work Instruction SWIS, provides technical knowledge to the RFP response process.
- Informs Sales of potential sales opportunities and assist sales in the communication.
- Performs user demonstrations for administrating the NVR, extracting or viewing live video
- Other duties as assigned.
- College or University degree in a technical discipline
- Knowledge of many different types of installations including, but not limited to: Multiple bus types and manufacturers, Light Rail Vehicles and general knowledge of Metro trains.
- Ability to perform electrical/electronic testing and diagnostic equipment and associated tools to inspect, troubleshoot, and maintain ‘products
- Ability to interpret test results to diagnose malfunctions
- Ability to plan troubleshooting procedures using schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, and expertise.
- Read and understand schematics, operations, service, and safety manuals.
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.