SAP Basis Administrator
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: February 15, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you will enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You will be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks is hiring for an SAP BASIS Administrator. The role is responsible for all the system administration of our SAP implementation including installations, patches, configurations, security, upgrades and documentations. The successful candidate will work very closely with internal SAP users and IT resources to accomplish System Administration tasks and deliver IT projects. The SAP BASIS Administrator will be the primary SAP point of contact for key stakeholders and will also manage relationships with external SAP vendors.
March Networks is starting on a new, exciting and challenging IT Architecture transformation journey and this position will play a crucial role in its success. Current and future projects include:
- Leverage innovations from recent EHP8 upgrade
- Implement Fiori
- BPC upgrade to version 10.1
- New configurations and Integrations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy SAP applications, systems software, and products
- Maintain multiple SAP and BPC environments including Production, QA and Development
- Configure the SAP Netweaver environment
- Perform enhancements to existing applications
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting
- Install and configure patches and upgrades as required
- Day-to-day monitoring of system and database performance
- Administer and maintain the SAP security roles, OSS notes and SSL certificates
- Provide post-implementation support and documentation
- Manage SAP Infrastructure including architecture and design of network, storage, disaster recovery, etc.
- Manage SAP system development objects and transports between Development, QA and Production systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an SAP BASIS Administrator
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Netweaver and Solution Manager
- Proven work experience with SAP implementations
- Experience with SQL databases, views, stored procedures and analysis services
- SAP Associate or Professional certification
- Knowledge of manufacturing business application for Forecasting (e.g. Kinaxis), Expense Management systems, Payment Management, Banking applications and Tax systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented and customer-focused mindset
- Experience with configuration of SD, MM, FI and PP modules
- Experience with ABAP
- Experience with Fiori
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.