Senior C# Developer
Research & Development — Ottawa, ON
Working at March Networks:
At March Networks, we transform video into business intelligence. We do this by integrating our best-in-class video with data from analytics, transaction, vehicle systems, and a wide range of security, access control and IoT devices.
Through our innovative software solutions and well-designed mobile apps, we escalate potential areas of concern so our customers can react swiftly – and proactively – to incidents. Organizations around the world rely on our networked solutions daily to enhance security, reduce fraud and theft, mitigate risk and improve customer service, operations, promotions and more.
We are building an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a startup mentality. We are looking for additional team members who are passionate about technology, possess a collaborative mindset, and have a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood’. We want those that are both self-directed and able to serve as leaders and mentors for this growing team.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then come join us ‘in the labs’. We’d love to hear from you.
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with your cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Support our team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Construct/contribute to major project high level design strategy
- Play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities
- Recommend innovative solutions with a total system view and adds to the patent portfolio.
- Build high fidelity UX\UI
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by assuming team leader role and promoting positive team environment that uses the combined strengths of individual members to achieve organizational goals; either consults technically or directs Co-ops and other designers
- Define system and architecture and/or write customer product specifications
- Help the team define the roadmap and make decisions
- Act as a technical mentor
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Intermediate: 4+ years professional experience in the related domain
- Senior: 8+ years professional experience in the related domain
- Proven 10xer problem solver
- Passionate about Cloud technologies
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- C# / C++ / Dot Net
- One of: SOAP / REST
- Networking and TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM).
- Knowledge of formal design patterns and languages such as SOA, MOA, UML, and Rational Rose.
- Ensure ever-increasing quality through enhanced testability (TDD\BDD) and automation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – effective in promoting own ideas and influencing positive outcomes
- One of: Angular / React JS
- Built high performance, scalable, reliable and redundant solutions.
- Built large, complex and multi-threaded applications designed for concurrency.
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, others…)
- IOT frameworks (Eclipse Kura, Node-RED, others…)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, others…)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Note: Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.