Senior Web Developer/Architect
Research & Development — Ottawa, ON
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
This is the first project of this kind, and to start, we’ve wiped the slate clean to limit dependency on legacy products, outdated structures and outdated technologies.
We are looking to create a small agile team of technology leaders that will grow a team with a startup feel. We want those that have a collaborative mindset and a deep curiosity to see how things work under the hood. We want those that are both self-directed and act as leaders and mentors for the growing team.
If you get your thrills from pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies and then come join us ‘in the labs’… we’d love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable experience with architecting both cloud-based and hybrid solutions.
- Experience working on long-term enterprise projects
- Experience engaging with a team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Demonstrable experience interfacing with clients in extracting use cases and deriving requirements.
- The ability to define system and architecture and/or write customer product specifications
- Strong leadership skills and comfort mentoring team members
- A passion for technologies. You’ll be helping to select the latest technologies and techniques and apply them to development environment to evolve the product and keep the code and practices current
- The desire to participate in envisioning the future of our software and development process and articulating the steps to achieve it
- The ability to drive the evolution of planning to continuously deliver powerful, beautiful and high-quality software
- The motivation to shares well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- The ability to recommend innovative solutions with a total system view and adds to the patent portfolio.
- Knowledge of database architecture and operation
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and DevOps
- Innovative methods as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- The ability to construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy
- The desire to play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – effective in promoting own ideas and influencing positive outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- 10-12 years professional experience in the related domain
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in architecting and managing enterprise web applications – cloud experience is essential.
- Architect and develop powerful new features with high fidelity UI/UX (like enhancing collaboration, visualizing complex data and relationships)
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- One of: Angular / React JS
- One of: Node.js / J2EE
- One of: SOAP / REST / GraphQL
- One of: Java, C++, C#
- One of: SOAP / REST / GraphQL
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, others…)
- IOT frameworks (Eclipse Kura, Node-RED, others…)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, others…)
- Knowledge of Relational, Nonrelational and in memory databases.
- Knowledge of data stream processing solutions such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, NiFi and Storm.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM).
- Knowledge of formal design patterns and languages such as SOA, MOA, UML, and Rational Rose.
- Ensure ever-increasing quality through enhanced testability (TDD\BDD) and automation.
- Proven 10xer problem solver. Independent and willing to take initiative.
- Networking and TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols
- Knowledge of securing Big Data deployments with concepts such as encryption at rest and encryption in transit. Experience with S3 client and server side encryption is a strong asset.
- Strong scripting skills and knowledge of deployment automation and configuration management along with experience working with tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Salt are strong assets.
- Proven knowledge of software architectures for performance, scalability and high availability.
- The ability to present solutions to Clients and software teams at various stages.
- Experience building large, complex and multi-threaded applications designed for concurrency.
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Note: Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.