Senior Hardware Designer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 31, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
As part of our R&D team, the Senior Electrical Hardware Designer will participate in the development of March Networks’ next generation AI video surveillance products, collaborating and bringing new ideas, knowledge, and expertise to a team of software and hardware engineers.
The ideal candidate would have been designing mixed analog and digital board design for many years from concept to mass production. You have experience building small scale FPGA sub-systems, which include design elements with multiple clock domains, high speed memor, and soft IP core integration. You are a problem solver and enjoy working with electrical, mechanical, compliance, component and software engineers to debug system wide problems. You also appreciate how valuable a system wide simulation enables to creatively solve difficult problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a cross-functional team to design and debug various electrical circuit assembly boards
- Design and test hardware solutions having real estate and power efficiency challenges with high speed signal integrity considerations
- Write hardware design proposals, specification, and work instructions
- Perform schematic capture and layout supervision
- Support prototype and mass production contract manufacturers bringing high quality products to market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of experience designing complex electronic systems
- Proficient in designing, executing and testing circuit card level designs taking into consideration derating, worst case, reliability, compliance, and power budget requirements
- Experience working with system on chip, high speed memory, and video pre/post processing technologies
- Experience designing for the Xilinx FPGA family
- Experience with video surveillance and network products
- Experience designing consumer electronic and/or cost effectiveness
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.