Senior Java Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: October 31, 2018
At March Networks, we transform video into business intelligence. We do this by integrating our best-in-class video with data from analytics, transaction, vehicle systems, and a wide range of security, access control and IoT devices.
Through our innovative software solutions and well-designed mobile apps, we escalate potential areas of concern so our customers can react swiftly – and proactively – to incidents. Organizations around the world rely on our networked solutions daily to enhance security, reduce fraud and theft, mitigate risk and improve customer service, operations, promotions and more.
We are building an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a startup mentality. We are looking for additional team members who are passionate about technology, possess a collaborative mindset, and have a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.’ We want those that are both self-directed and able to serve as leaders and mentors for this growing team.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Support the team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy
- Play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities
- Recommend innovative solutions with a total system view and adds to the patent portfolio
- Build high fidelity UX/UI
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by assuming team leader role and promoting positive team environment that uses the combined strengths of individual members to achieve organizational goals; either consults technically or directs Co-ops and other designers
- Define system and architecture and/or write customer product specifications
- Help the team define the roadmap and make decisions
- Act as a technical mentor
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- 8 or more years of professional experience in the related domain
- Proven 10xer problem solver
- Passionate about Cloud technologies
- Independent and willing to take initiative
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- One of the following: Java/Node.js/J2EE
- One of the following: SOAP/REST/GraphQL
- Networking and TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM)
- Knowledge of formal design patterns and languages such as SOA, MOA, UML and Rational Rose
- Ensure ever-increasing quality through enhanced testability (TDD/BDD) and automation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Angular/React JS
- Experience building high performance, scalable, reliable and redundant solutions
- Experience building large, complex and multi-threaded applications designed for concurrency
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- IOT frameworks (Eclipse Kura, Node-RED, etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.