Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Support
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: January 13, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Support will provide leadership and oversight in the implementation and maintenance of the core infrastructure technology at March Networks. The Senior Manager will work closely with the business to ensure that plans are supported by the IT infrastructure.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who brings a wealth of experience and demonstrated ability to drive and support continuous improvement in IT service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and execute on IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity strategic plans
- Manage the design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade and support of systems and core infrastructure technology (physical, virtual, and cloud)
- Keep the company’s networks, systems, and data secure
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements for new technology implementations
- Ensure performance and health monitoring of key IT infrastructure components
- Manage overall IT infrastructure and support day-to-day operations to improve performance, user’s satisfaction, and IT costs
- Ensure the infrastructure team is monitoring and mitigating infrastructure vulnerabilities and related risks
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives for IT infrastructure
- Develop and implement corporate IT policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Manage relationships with vendors in the IT Infrastructure and Security space
- Stay informed of IT industry trends and assess impacts on current infrastructure and future needs
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or a technology related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of IT Infrastructure experience with a minimum of 4 years of management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in IT infrastructure
- Solid experience with cloud technologies in general and AWS services in particular
- Hands-on experience with cybersecurity matters including implementation and maintenance of security controls at different areas and layers of the infrastructure landscape
- Strong expertise with networking, telecommunications, cabling, and wireless networks
- Proven experience with firewall solutions management
- Hands-on experience with data center operations and technologies including technologies from VMware, NetApp, Cisco UCS, etc.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functional areas
- Successful track record of leading, mentoring, and motivating employees
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.