Senior Project Manager
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for creating success by driving product development projects to completion. The successful candidate guides and coordinates all departments responsible for the product lifecycle, ensuring holistic delivery of a new product on schedule and within budget. Applicants should have a project management background with direct experience in successfully driving the process of bringing technology products to market. This exciting opportunity sits at the center of the product development/release process, involving coordination and communication across all levels and departments within March Networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage project deliverables and interdependencies from cross functional teams including but not limited to Customer Support, R&D, Product Marketing, Product Management, Training, and Operations
- Manage project constraints and assumptions and maintain projects KPIs throughout the projects lifecycle
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple large scale projects
- Manage project scope and ensure successful mitigation and closure of defects and project risks identified by project teams and customers
- Monitor project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members and management
- Chair regular, cross functional status meetings with the project teams, working through open actions and resolving conflicts with negotiations and mitigation strategies
- Work with the project teams to ensure all phase gating activities are completed and prepare phase gate review presentations for Senior Management review and approval
- Provide on-going financial analysis on projects and report on program status and internal resource utilization.
- Escalate issues and risks with available options as appropriate
- Ensure project transparency with timely and effective project communications
- Recommend business and operational improvements to optimize quality, cost-effectiveness and speed of delivery
- Ensure a positive work environment
- Work under limited supervision
- Provide team leadership to fellow project managers
- Degree or diploma in a technology related field or degree or experience
- Track record of driving and delivering projects on time and on budget, holding individuals and teams accountable for their delivery in a manner that is positive and encouraging
- Minimum 5 years of related program or project management experience within a high technology environment
- Strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills
- Results oriented – gets the job done right, delivers results, continuously improves, displays a dynamic approach, displays energy and enthusiasm
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite of products
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Experience in software development
- Experience in hardware development
- Experience with 3rd party development and manufacturing
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with SharePoint
- PMP Certification
- Experience leading a team
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.