Senior Test Automation Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 28, 2018
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you will enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You will be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
The successful candidate will architect, design, automate and execute software quality assurance procedures to test and evaluate March products. This person will participate in various test activities for both new versions of software and support of existing generally available software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop a best-in-class test automation framework and continue to evolve the test automation roadmap
- Work closely with product engineers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Drive and improve automation strategy and tools with the goal to increase automation coverage across the product suite
- Comply with established automation guidelines and standards for code consistency and maintainability
- Collaborate with developers to ensure a successful and timely software release that meets the functional requirements and product standards
- Co-ordinate activities of automation test engineers and integrate test cases into the automation test suite
- Write automation test cases and maintain test cases throughout the product development cycle
- Analyze and troubleshoot test case failures to identify the need for a functional update or a test case update
- Maintain documentation regarding automation test methodology and test results
- Promote information sharing within the team and with other teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in the related domain
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with automated testing of web applications, hardware platforms, mobile applications and thick clients using frameworks such as Selenium, Ranorex, Geb, Cypress, etc.
- Experience leading test automation teams in an agile design environment
- Experience with design and development tools such as Git/Bitbucket, Eclipse, JIRA, Jenkins, etc
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows development environment
- Experience with messaging interfaces REST/HTTP
- Capable on delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Knowledge of networking and VMware
- Knowledge of software testing theory and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong initiative and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations will be provided upon request through all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.