Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: April 21, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
As part of the Global Operations team, the Senior Test Engineer provides design support for test engineering. This includes the development of embedded diagnostics, debug of hardware/system failures and input on test processes used in the manufacture and repair of March Networks products. It requires the ability to write source test code and document coded activities. The Senior Test Engineer will develop new test platforms and imbedded tests for the variety of products and platforms March Networks bring to market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop test tools, applications, and/or processes to test company product, systems or equipment.
- Develop test automation to reduce/eliminate the need to manual intervention.
- Establish specification requirements from design documentation
- Ensure all testing procedures are compliant with industry and quality standards
- Design, code, document and verify the test application
- Develop procedures for all aspects of the testing process, including debugging guidelines based on design documentation
- Manage manufacturing test projects that involve internal or external resources.
- Develop RFP’s for external sourcing of test solutions
- Deliver required documentation for all test systems
- Approve final manufacturing test designs and support the deployment of test solutions on a global scale
- Develop and maintain a system to track the status of all test systems within March and its contract manufacturers
- Primary contact and interface to third party suppliers of manufacturing test solutions
- Primary interface to design groups within March Networks, responsible for ensuring design documentation package is sufficient for construction of manufacturing test fixtures
- Create and maintain manufacturing test bill of materials in Agile
- Create and maintain manufacturing test procedures for use by contract manufacturers
- Provide support to contract manufacturers for existing manufacturing test solutions
- Assist the Quality department with developing and maintaining a reporting process for test related fault information from the contract manufacturers
- Develop and/or maintain product life cycle processes as they relate to manufacturing test
- Respond to any test problems notifications from contract manufacturers/suppliers by determining root cause
- Participate in cost reduction analysis as it relates to manufacturing test.
- Support Planning and Logistics to determine capacity requirements
- Maintain database of test fixture deployments
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Hardware Design
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing test processes or as a hardware designer
- Experience with writing test scripts or test software in Visual Basic, C#, or working experience in National Instruments Labview or TestStand
- Familiarity with video and video compression
- Familiarity with wired and wireless networks
- Solid understanding of manufacturing test methodologies, including functional test, system test, Run in, Burn In, 5DX and ICT
- Solid understanding of best practices of product test and production workflow (BOM structure)
- Knowledge of hardware design principles as they relate to manufacturing test
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement initiatives
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on a tight timeline
- Strong customer service skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.