Software Developer, 3rd Party Integrations
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: August 16, 2021
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Developer for the development and support of our 3rd party integration portfolio. You will be working as part of an independent team that is mandated to develop business opportunities for March Networks through strategic integrations and partnerships with third parties. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining integration components across our recorder product line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with 3rd parties and internal R&D, PV and support teams to develop, maintain, and support 3rd party integrations, including camera and encoder integrations
- Support our team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Work with R&D counterparts to improve upon our 3rd party integration framework and automated testing
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Independently suggest and implement solutions and workarounds for problems of moderate to high complexity
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the related domain
- C, C++
- Image, video and audio compression and/or analytical processing; multimedia streaming and storage formats
- Linux development (kernel, driver, scripts level)
- Open source tools (gcc, gdb, etc.)
- Window development (Visual Studio)
- Networking and TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP protocols and tools
- Server-side development (attention to scalability, reliability, redundancy)
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present knowledge to other
- Discovery protocols (UPnP)
- Web services (SOAP/REST)
- Compression algorithms (MPEG, H264)
- DirectX/Direct 3D
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.